yankl wrote:

Hi all y'all

Until several days ago I was running a squirrelmail on my 8.2 server. After update I lost it. It look like it was un-installed. I tried to load latest package but it dose not work. Question is does someone on the list running squirrelmail on vanilla 8.2 install and what is the version of the package (i.e. 1.2.x)?

Check out my web page TechTv is in town and I took pictures with Leo and Patrick.

Franki:

Since 8.2 is not supported anymore, I'd suggest you update..

As for the squirellmail thiung,, why use an RPM?? its just a bunch of php scripts with a perl config.

I downloaded the latest tarball from the sqm site and untarred it, dumped the lot into a webmail dir in my webroot. ran the perl config script, answered the questions, and selected save.

Then I tightened permissiones as per the install instructions, and pointed my browser at it.. worked off the bat.

I had no experiance with either imap (always used pop3 or secure pop3) or sqm.. and I had it up and running in less then 20 minutes..

If I can do it, anyone can.

rgds

Franki