Douglas Bainbridge wrote:

Hi Dick, John, Anne and all,

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 19:30, Dick Gevers wrote:

Hi John and all others,

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:41:52 +0000, John Richard Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about [newbie] Patenting of
Software Code:

I have had a reply from a MEP, as follows,

Similarly, I had a reply from the assistant to Dutch liberal MEP Mrs. Elly
Plooij-van Gorsel, reading inter alia (this is a rough translation from
Dutch):

Start translation
++++++++++++++

The European Parliament has voted 24/9 in plenary meeting on the report
`Patentability of computer implemented inventions`

<snip>

Unfortunately I was still working on a letter to my MEPs when the vote
was taken. Didn't get off my backside quickly enough, alas. Do you think there would be any point in writing to them now? If so, any
ideas as to the best line to take?

DougB

P.S. Mine are East of Engalnd

The only hope here is if enough people make their view know.
So the more th better, but don't count any chickens.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]