Swap problems aren't usually good, but I think you may have enough RAM to
make up for them... :)

Double-check the output from `fdisk -l /dev/hda` to make _sure_ the
partition is there.  If it is, try `ls -l /dev/hda*` to make sure the
files corresponding to the partition are there, and that permissions are
set correctly (should be 644 or 600... 644 would show up as -rw-r--r--
in ls).

All the above assumes that Linux is installed on the primary master hard
drive.

> Note, I boot Linux from floppy because I am a CIS student who can not afford to
> break winnt so am afraid to mess with mbr.

Don't worry- NT doesn't care about the MBR.  It's only it's own
partition's boot sector that has to be intact.  You can safely put LILO in
your MBR.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>