On Thursday 09 October 2003 11:16 am, HaywireMac wrote:
> Just for the sake of debate, has someone come upon a list of companies
> that employ Linux desktops in the enterprise?
>
> I have done some Googling, but so far just come up with the usual
> stories about Ford going with Linux for server apps and such, but I'm
> looking for hardcore evidence of Linux distros making it into the
> enterprise desktop market.
>
> Thanks, and I will post anything I *do* find here.
Joe, don't know if you filter html mail so here is one not listed that I find
interesting.  The Ernie Ball company, they make guitar strings and switch to
linux servers and workstations after settling a MS audit for $40,000. Made
the CEO mad and he told his IT team he wanted all MS stuff off their system
in 6 months or less. Now he is a happy camper.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842