On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are running 6.0 on a DELL dimension XPS D266 (128 Megs)
> and sometimes LILO hangs during the following event:

> I can boot from the floppy to get around this, it is just annoying. Can
> anyone
> tell me what the aic7xxx module is and how I can fix the flakey boot
> process
> off the HD.

If you do not have an Adaptec SCSI adapter (as someone else
mentioned) you can do an "rmmod aic7xx" and that should
remove it. You can also check and (manually) remove it from
/etc/conf.modules if you don't need/aren't using that SCSI
controller. Keep in mind that if you ever DO want to use
it, you'll have to manually install the module for that
controller.
        John