Anyone have some tips on this?

It appears that this /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
will do the trick, but I may be missing something to make this Mandrake
specific  (the how-to's seem to be written for other distros that place the
configuration files in /home/~/.spamassassin, which I don't have--should I?:

rewrite_subject 1

defang_mime 1

required_hits 5
spam_level_stars 3
subject_tag ***SPAM***
    auto_whitelist_path        /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
    auto_whitelist_file_mode   0666

I assume that I can just add @validaddress.com
to my whitelist in /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist to prevent filtering
of known groups that I belong to (@mandrake-linux.com for example).

Can I blacklist by adding a line to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
     auto_blacklist @badaddress.com
or should I make a /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-blacklist flolder and can I
get it to work by adding a path to the /local.cf?

I'm a little unclear about the "Spam" folder in kmail.  I created a filter
"Move to Spam Folder" with the criteria "IX-Spam-Flag: YES"--am I correct?

Any other files that need editing to make spamassassin work?  I use Kmail,
btw.

thanks in advance,