On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:00:11 +0100
DJ wrote:

IF I can jump in here....
I'm trying to add my CDROMs (powerpack 9.1) to the software sources

|To do that  from Mandrake Control Centre>Software>Software Source
|Manager select all the entries for your CDs and delete them. Close the
|GUI
|
|Insert CD1 into your CD drive  (which I assume is /mnt/cdrom)
|
|Now open a terminal. Enter su to become root user
|urpmi.addmedia --distrib cdrom removable:///mnt/cdrom

        Should there be three /s there?

        In either case (one or two /s) I get:
        unable to access first installation medium

        I did enable scsi emulation and changed /etc/fstab to reflect /dev/scd1
mounted at /mnt/cdrom
        Is there something else I need to change?

|That will automatically insert all 3 CDs into the list of sources and
|you should then be able to use rpmdrake to install dia and lots of
|other applications.

        Is there another command to add Cds 4,5,6,& 7?

Thanks,
Curt