My partner brought her PC home from work as her printer had died and She
needed a new one setting up. It was USB only and her old PC did not have any
USB ports, so installed a PCI-USB card and got the printer a Lexmark z25
(I Know !!) working after some struggling.
Then while checking that everything else still worked I found that the
Conexant PCI modem (I know !!!) was no longer working.
Kppp said modem does not respond, tried all the /dev/modem, ttyxxx options and
either got cannot open modem, modem does not respond or modem not found
messages.
So pulled the PCI-USB card still no success, tried all of the above again and
tried moving the modem to another slot, still no success.
Anyone tell me what I am missing please, it's running 8.2 BTW (note to self to
upgrade it asap.