Charlie M. wrote:

October 16, 2003 12:21 pm, Margot wrote:
[..]

I subscribe to a lot of mailing lists, and many of them post a regular
reminder of "list netiquette", politely requesting no hijacking,
top-posting, HTML or attachments, and briefly giving the reasons why
these things are frowned upon.

I don't have the technical skills to do this myself, but would someone
here be able to compose a suitable message and automatically post it to
the list - weekly maybe?

Most newbies tend to lurk for a few days before posting, so most of them
would see the message before making their first post to the list, and so
would be able to avoid making embarrassing mistakes!

Margot