Trey Sizemore wrote:
Dale Kosan wrote:

I just moved over from Red Hat now that it is Fedora, I did not like the direction they are heading. When I used Red Hat I had apt and yum, now I guess I need to use urpmi? I am trying to add the contrib directory but I have now idea how or what I am supposed to do. I have found the easy urpmi site but need some help. Can someone post there urpmi config file that has contrib in it? So far Mandrake rules, I have not used it since 7.2 and what a major change! I am running 9.2 rc2 since the iso's for the final are not out. Does mandrake support apt? Thanks in advance....

There are a couple contrib sources. You can use cooker (more cutting-edge packages - like testing and unstable in Debian) or 'strict' 9.2 sources. I have been using Cooker, so at the EasyURPMI page I say that at the top and then choose my mirror locations from the drop-down menus. In step three, it gives me the exact commands to enter as root at a CLI to add these to my conf file. From there I just type:
'urpmi.update -a' (without quotes) to update the packages from the mirrors. I can then 'urpmi evolution' for example to install the package. You can also use Mandrake's graphical interface for this. Just go to Configuration -> Packages -> Install software (I think...) to see what's available.

HTH and good luck.

-Trey

Well, that was fast, thank you, I am trying your suggestion right now...