Somebody scribbled about Re: [newbie] DVD Ripping Question
> home movies, I am helpless. But you can make vcds with those above
> programs and vcdimager.

OK I'll bite...

I've only done a few dvd rips to avi, with some success using mencoder,
gmencoder, or dvdrip. right now i'm attempting to do a vcd of a dvd using
dvdrip. but i've not used vcdimager or vcdximager - are they stand alone
programs or filters that other programs (such as dvdrip) use? is there a
step by step guide to burning a vcd on mandrake?

i did another test run of a dvd (older classic film with monaural sound)
last night but the audio is seriously out of step with the video (i.e.,
the previous scene's dialogue is spoken when the new scene is being
displayed) ;).

I'm ripping collateral damage now to vcd with dvdrip. In about 13 hours or
so it will be done. THe last time I tried doing it, i think it segfaulted
or something :(.