Derek Jennings wrote:

Anne was asking recently about having trouble using her kopote IM client with MSN.
Since Oct 15th Microsoft have changed the protocol for MSN which has locked out 3rd party clients.

I had read reports that Gaim 0.71 would still work with MSN, and the latest version of the Jabber transport for MSN is also supposed to work with MSN.

However I could not get Gaim0.71 to log onto MSN, and Psi when using the MSN Jabber transport would report "remote server error"

I think I may have found the solution :-
I discovered that if I logged onto MSN using the Microsoft IM client, then afterwards I could log on with Gaim and Psi as well.

No idea why, but it might help anyone having trouble.

derek

I have no problems with msn and Gaim..works fine for me

walt