Graham Watkins wrote:
Len Lawrence wrote:

Is Google still alive? For several weeks, or maybe months, mozilla here has been timing out on www.google.com, so some of the links posted in the list
have been failing. Has anybody else seen this problem?

It was happening to me for a couple of days last week. Mind you, it was happening with a lot of other sites as well. I'd assumed that the internet was collapsing under the weight of all the spam, trojans, virii etc.

I have my home page set to www.google.co.uk and not www.google.com - a tip I picked up from a friend, very useful because it gives the option of searching UK sites only as an alternative to searching whole of www so gives quicker results when I need something UK-specific.

I don't know if there are other "national" versions of google, but it might be worth a look. No problems with google.co.uk recently - maybe on different servers from google.com?