On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:00, Dennis Myers wrote:
<snip>
>  Wonder how a retail boxed LG would do,
> I chicken to try it. I will be getting several new Sony or EPO DVDroms as
> replacements.

Guess I'll find out in the next day or two when I get round to installing
9.2 on my 2nd PC.  It has an "LG CRD-8522B" CDROM drive on a Microstar
MS-6378 motherboard and 1GHz AMD Duron CPU.  Don't know if its an OEM
drive, the PC was bought as a complete system put together by a small
outfit.  The manual for the drive came with the system.

I note the email from GC posted in the TWiki says the problem is related to
LG CRD-84xx drives, so perhaps mine will be OK... time will tell.

Will post the results in a day or two anyway... fingers crossed... ;)

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today