Yup! My cable company has done the upgrade. The TV looks great, and
that's why they promise the 512kbps connection. They sell me a NIC card
for about $150.00, including the install and setup, then $40.00 / month
for the access fee. I guess that's not too bad. The reason I'm holding
off is to be sure that they have all the little gremlins out of their
system so I don't get bit. Also, I want to upgrade my 'puter - it's a
486 style AMD X5-133 5x86 on a 486a VIP mainboard. I think it's one of
those boards we keep getting told will give us problems (from Korea or
some such place), but it was all I could afford when I put this thing
together. I was luckey though, It has worked great for me. The only
problem I have is that all the Mandrake updates are "for a diferent
architecture" (hope I spelled that right). I think that's because
they're built for pentium systems or later, and this one definitely
ain't one 'o those.

Ernie