When I make aliases, I put them into the /etc/bashrc file, so that no
matter who I login as, I always have them.  Here is how I formatted my
aliases:

alias ls="ls -Fa --color"

This would alias the "ls" command to show all dot files in color.  Othere
commands should be similar such as:

alias rm="rm -rf"

This would alias the "rm" command to not ask for permission to delete and
do it recursively (including subdirs, maybe a bad thing).