On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 11:18, Paul wrote:
> On 11/02/2003 03:57 PM, Adolfo Bello wrote:
>
> >I have a yahoo.com free mail account on which I can't use pop or
> >forward.
> >

> Not??  Somewhere there is a setting that you can switch on to use POP3.
> It implies that Yahoo can send you "information" (read: spam), but the
> sender is always the same, so a simple filter to /dev/null is easily setup.
> The server to use after setting this up is pop.mail.yahoo.com.
This service used to be free. More than a year that they charge for it.

> Log into mail.yahoo.com, select "mail options". Next window gives you
> "Management" (center column). Then select "POP access and Forwarding."
> (context: Use Yahoo! as your permanent email address. Forward to another
> mail account, or download your Yahoo! messages to your POP3 mail client)
>
> Good luck,
> Paul

I understand that you can retrieve messages from *other* pop mail
accounts into your yahoo account for free. However, to use pop or
forward to get the messages *from* yahoo mail server you have to pay:
"Forward your email or download your Yahoo! messages to your POP3 mail
client for only $19.99/year" (Yahoo Mail Options->Pop Access and
Forwarding).

Thanks for your response,

Adolfo