On Sunday 02 November 2003 3:21 pm, robin wrote:
> Curt Tresenriter wrote:
> > ARS Technica had a complaining piece about 9.2
> >
> > http://arstechnica.com/etc/linux/index.html

I read this article, and I suspect that he is pretty clueless about Mandrake.

I even sent him this:

Diss Mandrake?
From: Rob Blomquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shame on you.

Look I am not thrilled with having to use Bittorrent to upload Mandrake 9.2,
but I survived, and let others download from me for a couple of days. Yeah,
with my 1.5Mb/sec DL speeds, it should have taken 3-4 hours, but it took 36
with bittorrent.

And the LG stuff? Well, I have a Siemens CDROM that DOAed right after
installation, do I blame them? I think not.

As to the adware thing? Hardly a concern. Its just the same as it was, maybe
Mandrake was only calling out to the corporate community to buy ads.

As a Mandrake Supporter-I buy the low level of donation-$60 a year, and I get
access to the new versions by upload. The forums, the websupport and the like
are pretty poor, but the tools in the distro still rock, and linux isn't
being broken down like RedHat is doing.

Linux for the desktop is still Mandrake IMHO, Suse is pretty good, and I tried
it for awhile, but I did not like what they were doing to the init scripts.
Blah!

Long live Mandrake, its not going down the tubes any time soon. Shame on you
for dissing them. Mandrake Rocks!

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.