Rico Zuņiga wrote:

Hello,
It's a WebExcel USB modem, can't get it to work, though Mandrake seems to have detected it, the driver (USB Modem Ambient Tech...) is listed in the 'other' section of the hardware list. I am very new to linux (and mandrake) and have been trying to correct this for days, I think it's time now to ask for some help from the community.
Thanks in advance...

USB modems are software modems , if you have a linux driver best to contact the author as he will know how it can be made to work.

A better solution is to throw your usb modem away and buy an inexpensive Hardware controlled modem, which has built in control chips , so all you have to do is get your OS to recognise it's existance.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]