On Wednesday 05 Nov 2003 5:10 am, Rico "Zuņiga" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's a WebExcel USB modem, can't get it to work, though Mandrake seems to
> have detected it, the driver (USB Modem Ambient Tech...) is listed in the
> 'other' section of the hardware list. I am very new to linux (and mandrake)
> and have been trying to correct this for days, I think it's time now to ask
> for some help from the community.
>
> Thanks in advance...

I do not have a USB modem but Google is my friend.
Have you seen this?
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x332.html

Essentially it is saying you need to be using the acm driver.
You can check if the driver is being automatically loaded with 'lsmod' in a
root terminal.
If it is not being loaded automatically, then 'modprobe acm' will load it.

Then look in /dev/ to see if you have the device /dev/usb/ttyACM0
If not create it, if it is there configure your kppp to use it.

HTH

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net