As a former C programmer I was looking for easy, fast and portable solution to develop some SQL/WEB/etc. applications for my own. Tried PERL but personally do not like it (my problem) and moved to PYTHON. I really like and enjoy it. Easy to use, there are good libraries and also, I can run and develop the code on WINDOWS or LINUX without taking care on the op system. What is more important, I was able to develop solutions during few nights which would take few minth in C.

This is strictly a personal view, however worst to spend few days with PYTHON.

Regards... Bela

Johan wrote:

Hi,
Kindly suggest a script language to use and maybe to difficult to learn.
This come to mind  -  phyton   -  perl  -  ???
At this time I use text gedit for * dos batch like files *
Thanks
Johan

May this be a good day for learning
Registered Linux user # 330034