Anarky wrote:

>     how's mandrake on tv tuning? I'm considering buying a tv tuner .. so
> I'm wondering if there is hardware support for stuff like this ... how
> well spread is it .. any chance of having a cheapest I can find tvtuner
> work? Any way to check on particular models? Is there software to go
> with tv tuners in mandrake? How good is it? Is it just tv tuning .. or
> does it suport recording at certain hours or something like that ?
>     greets & thanks,

I bougth a Hauppauge WinTv Express for ~60? last week
plugged it into a ML 9.1, urpmi:d xawtv and put
modprobe bttv and tuner in a startupscript (I think, not this box)
and it just worked. Ran scantv, for finding channels, and it just worked.

I bougth it actually for decoding cabletv, but my provdider codes it
digitally, but I'm moving next month to a place with analouge cable tv
so I'll see what i can do then. I just looked at tvtuning for now,
and I don't know about recording
/Björn