Hey yomcat, thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, I am really, really new to Linux. Where do I put in that text?

Katherine

By the way, I remember you from TMO. :)

On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 12:31 AM, Mike 'yomcat' Welsh wrote:

on 9/11/03 1:39 PM, Katherine Catalano at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

ATI Radeon 7500
I have a ATI RAGE 128 Pro, and it doesn't work unless some specific setting
is set. (I've got a PowerMac G4)
A quote from cooker:
Anyway, for what is worth, here's my config for a "ATI rage128 MOBILITY".
The thing with the r128 is that you must specify the use of the fbdev.

Section "Device"
   Identifier "device1"
   VendorName "ATI"
   BoardName "ATI Rage 128 Mobility"
   Driver "r128"
   BusID "PCI:0:16:0"
   Option "DPMS"
   Option "ForcePCIMode" "true"
   Option "UseFBDev" "true"
   Option "UseCCEFor2D" "false"
EndSection"

The line "Option "UseFBDev" "true"" is the most important. Try setting fbdev
as your driver setting instead of whatever you've got now. (mine is r128)
--
yomcat
http://yomcat.geek.nz