Running Mandrake 9.1 which came with Kalarm version 0.8.5. I just installed
the latest version of Kalarm which is 0.9.6. Only I can't figure out how to
start the new version.

I installed it from kalarm-0.9.6.kde3.tar.bz2 using configure, make and make
install from console as root and it looks like it has installed ok, but I
can't find the file to start it. With the older version the file was
/usr/bin/kalarm. I searched the documentation and the web and can't find
any command to start it. Using the command "kalarm" just starts the old
version.

There is a new file /usr/share/apps/kalarm-0.9.6/kalarmd/kalarmdrc however
if I double-click that it gives me the message "The desktop entry file
/usr/share/apps/kalarm-0.9.6/kalarmd/kalarmdrc has no Type=_entry". Trying
to run that from console as user returns "bash: ./kalarmdrc: permission
denied" and from root console returns "bash: kalarmdrc: command not found".
I am sure that file is for the daemon, but I find nothing else.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

--
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte