On November 11, 2003 09:46 am, Charlie M. wrote:

> Tuesday 11 November 2003 8:06 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > Yesterday I received my 7 cd's with 9.2. Installed without
> > formatting my /home. Works fine and maybe even faster than 9.1.
> >
> > But :
> > 1. where is "file manager - super user mode".
>
> "Protect (l)users from themselves." :-P
> Just add a link to application to your desktop, or use Alt+F2 and run
>
> kdesu -c konqueror
>
> to get what you want.

Please do us all a favour and stop protecting us from ourselves.  We're
allegedly grownups.

I agree with Ann that this should, at least, be an option during installation.

Now I know that Haywire will chime in and say "it's only a problem with KDE"
but that is my desktop of choice and some of these tool are important to me.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

ttfn

John