Greg Meyer wrote:
On Wednesday 12 November 2003 02:28 pm, Margot wrote:

I can't get the 'Lock Screen' button to work - little blue button with a
white padlock. Click on it and nothing happens! I used to use this a
lot, when leaving the computer unattended while something is running -
essential feature for cat-owners!

I just added it to my kicker and it works here. Try removing it and adding it again. Right click on kicker and choose add => applet and select 'lock/logout applet'

This didn't work last night, but I tried the 'lock' again after switching on the computer this morning and both versions (kicker and menu) are now working! Maybe it just needed another reboot?