On Wednesday 12 November 2003 10:14 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> It looks as though LG has posted revised firmware for affected drives and
> also published a method for reflashing already dead ones.
>
> Point your browser to http://us.lgservice.com/
>
> click Device Driver icon
> click CD-ROM link
>
> The first hit is "Emergency download for Physical Dead Drive from Mandrake
> Linux 9.2"
>
> There is a .gif attached that explains how to reflash the drives.
>
> There are also firmware upgrades for 9 drive models.  WDYT?
This is great but the english is so broken that I am not sure exactly what to
do. First problem is how to boot into MS-DOS mode?  Second problem is what
the heck does C:W(with a bar through it)temp> mean? I can get the light to
come on again on the drive but have no idea how to flash the firmware from
the discription. Any help is appreciated. Oh, I am trying to revive this
drive using a K6II soyo mobo with win2K loaded.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842