On Saturday 15 November 2003 10:02 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I want to use the KDE Desktop sharing application, but have a Linksys
> router installed.  So the IP address that the desktop sharing gives me
> is my internal IP.  What do I need to do to authorize desktop sharing on
> the machine.  I suppose I first need to find the IP assigned by my IP
> (in the Linksys router setup?).
>
> How then do I authorize a connection through the router to my machine?
>
> Thanks,

You will need to open a port on your router. The details on this depend on the
router. Typically you tell it what port you want to open, and the lan IP of
the computer to which traffic on that port should go.
 You can  set the port here:
control center->internet&network->destop sharing->network tab
It looks like it uses port 5900 by default, so try opening that first.