> I use KDE and have found that konqueror works better than it ever used
> to. (It used to lock up for a few seconds from time to time.) I have no

Many things don't work for me. I haev workarounds so I don't worry a
whole lot. Noatun or kaboodle hang; kscd segfaults; and konqueror
hangs when trying to play a sound file through itself. I settled for
using xine for most of that stuff as an interim.

I am still figuring out why the time zone continues to shift all
by itself. I've had the system up since last night, and it still
shows correct - but I guarantee that it'll go to YST or HST or
something inexplicable by this evening, all by itself. I have not yet
been able to get this confirmed and haven't figured out what might
cause it - there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

kspread doesn't seem to find any Part that it can use. It may be the
only koffice component that does not work - kivio, kugar, kword etc
start up OK.

I miss some of the functionality of konqueror - one used to be
able to show an archive and service buttons, links to audiocd (great
tool btw) but this functionality seems absent in 9.2.

(Yesterday I d/l Latest release of Knoppix, booted it; is quite
nice btw. www.knoppix.de).

I'm considering taking a look at gentoo, should prove interesting,
but I think it would take a long time to bring it up on this 1.0
gig box.