I HIGHLY suggest you use gFTP or another ftp client instead of Mozilla. Browsers were never designed to download large files....

Cheers

Jason

Sharrea Day wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:34, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

Hey guys - I've got something strange going on. I'm trying to download
the 9.2 ISOs from the US/Indiana mirror, and I can't quite get it to work
right. I'll start the download with Mozilla, check the box for the
download dialog box to stay open after downloading, then let it run. I've
got broadband, and am getting about 216k/s download speeds (roughly 55
mins per ISO). However, what happens is that Mozilla downloads, the box
shows 100 percent, progress bar all the way over, but when I check the
ISO itself, its like 270 megs one time, then 384 megs the next time. Even
though Mozilla says its 100 percent downloaded.

I've never had this happen before - any ideas? Thanks.

Sorry, don't know much 'bout downloading with mozilla which I don't have much luck with anyway, but...

From what I've heard, using a browser to download large files is not a good
idea. Use and ftp client or a downloader app like d4x. Personally I use d4x (Downloader for X) which I've never had a problem with and supports resuming downloads.

Sharrea