On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:21:31 +0000
E wrote:

|have you tried the alternet kernels? and have you tried the 'noapic' ?

After countless attempts at installing 9.1, using alt0 and alt1 - along
with the stock kernel, with and without 'noapic', the farthest I can get
is packages beginning to install but halting at glibc in one case and
perl in another using noapic with alt0, IIRC - it installed perl but
when installing perl-base, it suddenly re-booted.

I just now tried Libranet 2.7-Classic,and it gave me the same
'<0>Kernel panic: Attempting to kill idle task!
In idle task - not syncing '
message (from my O P) as it began the base system install.

Any other suggestions?

--
The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter
their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. - William James,

"I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the
people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to
exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to
take it from them, but to inform their discretion." Thomas Jefferson,
September 28, 1820"