On Tuesday 18 November 2003 09:16 pm, Melissa Reese wrote:
I will reiterate that a lot of people have had problems with connection and
taken shorewall off of their system, but if you just disable it for the first
time connection it will then work when reinitialized.  Stop shorewall until
you have successfully connected to the internet.  It sounds like your problem
is more of a configuration situation with the cable modem.
Did you get a gateway IP address and DNS addresses from your ISP? Those will
need to be put in the configuration to allow the modem a connection point.
HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842