On Friday 21 November 2003 08:29 pm, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> Well, I rsynced the Mandrake 9.2 directories to my local machine last night
> including the ISO images.  I burned them this morning, tried to boot to run
> an upgrade and I get a kernel panic every time, right after it tries to
> load the two primary hard drives attached to the HPT372 controller.
>
> So far, I have tried to boot with the ide=reverse, noapic, acpi=off and
> mem=860M options all added to the linux line.  Still get  a kernel panic
> each time.  Anyone else had that problem that can offer some suggestions?

Try to disable the highpoint in the BIOS just to see if that is causing the
hangup.  I know it won't give give you a drive to install on, but if it boots
past that point, you have narrowed down the problem.  I have a hpt 372 and
have not had a problem though.  Is it set as a RAID device or a standard ATA
controller.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx