On Monday 24 November 2003 17:44, philip wrote:
> Well thank you for replying, first i am a very very new user of
> linux.and as yet do not understand much. So I really do not have a clue
> what supermount is or what ever mnt/camera is either.
> I am running 9.1 ans yes the Icon GTKam opens as soon as i switch cam
> on.
> it then says loading drivers and initilizing camera,the gtkam window is
> displayed and there is my camera on the left.
You don't need to "upload", the camera is now part of the file system and can
also be found at /mnt/camera which is the path to that directory starting
from the toplevel (that's "/"). Same as /home/philip does.

> I open this and then choose upload i am then asked to where  so in my
> home I choose pictures.which is a entry i created. then when i hip to
> uplaod again it gives me an error message saying

Easiest way (if you're using KDE and konqueror file manager) would be:
In the menu bar choose "window" and then "split view left/right".
That way you'll have 2 instances of the same directory. If you select the
"home" icon on the tool bar, one of the 2 will open /home/philip where you
can open "pictures".
You can then "drag & drop" the pictures from your cam to that "pictures"
directory.

> could not open home/philip
> Pilip being my userr name,.
> Ok hope you know what I am doing wrong .

You aren't really doing anything wrong, other than that you're expecting all
your app's and programs to act exactly as they do in M$Windows.
They don't always, as you just found out:)

> Regards Philip

Take your time getting used to your new system, don't overdo it.
And just ask if you think you're getting nowhere...that's what this list is
for.
Stick with us and in a few weeks from now you'll probably be helping someone
else out:)

Good luck,
HarM

--