On Wednesday 26 November 2003 4:44 pm, Dooggie wrote:
> Hi
>
> I finally got Mandrake 9.0 to recognize the drive(I don't know how).  What
> can I do to prevent it from not recognizing it again?
>
> Also, do I need to mount the drive so I can start using it?

It all depends on whether you are using supermount or not. If you are using
supermount it will mount the drive when it is attached.

Now, I also suggest that you learn to read the kernel messages in
/var/log/messages by using the command "tail -f /var/log/messages" at a root
command prompt. Now, disconnect the drive. You should see the USB system let
go of the drive. Now, reconnect the drive, you should see it identify and
grab the drive to use.

The USB system for linux is not hard to use, so don't get freaked out.

Rob

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.
Linux Counter #183693 http://counter.li.org/