On Wednesday 26 November 2003 7:09 pm, Thomas Ewald wrote:
> Mine does. Or at least Intel says it will. It's got the Intel 586EP chip
> set. I put a message on here, asking about getting mgetty to work, but
> haven't heard from anyone yet. But Intel says specifically that it works
> with Linux as well as XP.

Look for a modem that is advertised as a "hardware modem". WinModems use
software to share their job with the WinSnooze OS. That's why the WinModems
are a tough breed to get working with Linux.

The best place to read up on them is http://www.linmodems.org/.

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.
Linux Counter #183693 http://counter.li.org/