Hi Charlie,

On Sunday, November 30, 2003, at 9:31:06 PM PST, you wrote:

Joe:

>> I use Sylpheed. I send mail. I receive mail. I have an address
>> book. It does some cool stuff like we mentioned before, like
>> auto-snipping, auto-formatting, etc. What am I missing here?

Charlie:

> Nothing in fact. Just another persons opinion, and one who views the
> world through different filters.

I quite agree, and have never expressed anything but my own opinions
based upon my own experiences (and world view filters, of course :-)).

> I have a friend who is a dedicated windows user who says that the
> bat is not for him doesn't do anything more than what he likes,
> which happens to be outlook and outlook excuse.

Indeed...for many, O/OE is all they want or need. Obviously, you for
your own reasons, and me for mine, have decided that O/OE are not for
us. Nothing inherently wrong with any of our choices, and I've never
tried to infer anything of the sort.

> Never having used the bat, and at the risk of being shown what is so
> mind blowing about it, I would imagine hyperbole has been applied
> where it would better apply to Mandrake Linux, KDE, Ayers Rock or
> the Canadian Rockies and other wonders of the world.

You're free to imagine all the hyperbole you wish to, but until you
actually have experience with whatever someone else is expressing an
opinion about, "imagining" is all you really have, no? Whatever might
blow your mind - or not - is based entirely upon the filters you, and
you alone, see the world through...even if it's based on incomplete
information. How you gather your information upon which to base your
opinions is, again, entirely up to you.

I base my opinions about email clients or any other type of software
on my own personal experiences...nothing more, nothing less. Before I
had any experience with Linux and its email clients, I had no opinions
whatsoever about them, because I had no actual experience upon which
to form a comparative opinion. Now I do, and so I express my opinions.
Joe asked a sincere question or two, and I did my best to give him a
sincere answer.

I realize this is a list about Mandrake/Linux, and all things
associated, but isn't it also about each of us trying to make our
computers *work for us*, whatever that means? I only have loyalty to
any bit of software if *I* feel it deserves my loyalty. If/when I ever
come across an email client that *I* feel is more useful to *me* than
The Bat!, I'll adjust my loyalties in a nanosecond, without any
regrets.  That hasn't happened yet.  :-)

- --
Melissa

PGP public keys:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]&Body=Please%20send%20keys