On Monday 01 Dec 2003 7:58 pm, Langsley T Russell wrote:
> Hi all and thanks for all the help.
>
> However I'm still unable to update my installation of 9.2. Clicking on
> the Mandrake Update Icon in software management still tells me:
>
>         "You already have at least one update medium configured, but all
>         of them are currently disabled. You should run the Software
>         Media Manager to enable at least one (check it in the
>         enabled?column)"
>
>         "Then restart Mandrake Update."
>
> When I checked the Software Media Manager, as before, all the update
> media are checked enabled with the exception of update_source. If I
> click on this and select update, then update_source once again I get the
> following rpmdrake error message
>
>         Unable to update medium; it will be automatically disabled
>
>         Errors:
>         urpmi database locked
>         urpmi database locked
>         retrieve source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
>         no hdlist filefound for medium "update_source"
>         problem reading synthesis file of medium "update_source"
>
> I returned once again to the easy URPMI site and once again selected
> alternative mirrors. This time I got the following
>

>         #  urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://knight.zarb.org/pub/plf/mandrake/9.2
>         with hdlist.cz

> What am I doing wrong?? Can I simply continue to copy stuff from the
> Easy URPMI site into a root terminal with impunity? I assume it must
> have some effect on something.
>
> I am truly at a complete loss.
>
> LTR  }}:{(
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

That source is not an update source. It is a plf source. That is why it is
called 'plf' (Penguin Liberation Front)

If you want an update source then use this one :-

urpmi.addmedia --update updates
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/9.2/RPMS/ with
../base/hdlist.cz

(That command is all on one line)
Do not worry about it being a long way from you. It is a really fast mirror.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net