On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:19:44 -0500
BP wrote:

| Well, the choice is up to you but the standard Mandrake 9.1 kernel is
| up to 2.4.21-0.25mdk, IIRC so that would match with that package.  If
| you have not upgraded to this version yet, you may be missing some
| security updates that have been added to the kernel since 9.1 was
| rolled out.
|
| If you don't install that version, you will get several errors when
| trying to install some of Texstar's RPM's which means that you need to
| either force them or install that version of the kernel.

        Would 'urpmi kernel-2.3.21-0.25mdk' be a mistake?
        If so, what would be the proper way to do it?
        If I understand, what I want is to have a new kernel added as a choice
        when LILO runs as opposed to replacing what's there now, yes?

| > Other than that I have main,contrib, plf and updates along with the
| > CDs and a local directory for downloaded RPMs

| You may want to pick a smaller set of sources before doing the update
| or do it manually so that you can deal with issues as they arise.

        Thanks

--
The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter
their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. - William James,