At 19:46 30/11/03 -0800, Melissa Reese wrote:
When desktop computers were first coming into wider usage, most people
were saying what a great savings of paper and time these machines
represented for our lives, but as we now know, the use of paper
products has multiplied severalfold, and we spend much more of our
lives sitting in front of computers in place of doing other things.

There are certain reasons for that though (the paper issue) - I know that I don't use as much paper as I used to, but then I don't have this curious obsession that some people do with printing. An example of this was at the most recent office I worked in when, instead of forwarding an email to me someone printed out the email and handed it to me (in a tiny, barely readable font, to boot). When business gets used to burning CDs (or DVDs) as backups, instead of making endless printout and photocopies then the paperless office might finally arrive...

Melissa

-- sheridan http://sheridan.gothcentric.com/