My partner needs a cheap PC at work, a local supplier offers a base unit as
below for £175 +vat - it appears just what they need, the intention is to
install 9.1. The PC will be used mainly for sending/receiving e mail and
occasional web browsing, I intend that they use OO for word processing.
The spec is as below, can anybody alert me to any issues which could cause
problems (I don't believe the onboard modem will work but that's no problem
as it can be disabled in favour of their existing external modem). I only
have a couple of days to decide...  AND get it running - no pressure there
then :-)

The Spec
MB is ECS K7SOM+   Sis 640/750
AMD2000
Sound  C-media 9738     (not an issue they don't need it)
64mbVid on board SiS 640/750, AGP/Sis  Driver
56kModem on board PCTel AMR/CNR
NetCard on board SiS PCI Fast EthernetAdapter    (not needed)
20gb
256DDR

Apologies for cross-posting but I do need to know quickly
thanks