Hi,

Just wanting to improve my linux knowledge and so....

When I boot I use LiLo to display as I also have a Win95 OS HDD in one
of the IDE chains.

Lilo presents me with the following listing:
Linux
Linux-nonfb
failsafe
dos
floppy

I know that selecting the linux entry will boot my normal linux, the dos
entry will boot up the Win95 OS HDD and the floppy entry will alllow me
to boot off floppy. What about failsafe and linux-nonfb?

 I would asume that failsafe is very similar to the Windows Safe Mode
but the linux-nonfb meaning escapes me.

Any ideas and of course what files to edit using a root Kwrite editor?
I know I can edit the entries in the MCC but I would prefer to do it via
the CLI.

TIA
Hylton Conacher - Licenced ex-Windows user
Registered Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Using Linux Mandrake 9.1 with KDE 3.1