> On Friday 05 Dec 2003 11:47 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > > Hold on. I just realised something.
> > > You are using Class B addressing in this network.
> > > In that case the broadcast address I gave you is wrong. It should be
> > > BROADCAST=172.16.255.255
> >
> > Good news, Derek. I could get into Internet already. I sometimes find
that
> > I cannot get rid of what I am used in Windows. Just after making the
> > changes you indicated, iwconfig reported crazy things. I opted to
reboot,
> > and viola, I was even navigating. At first I was disappointed because
> > iwconfig reported "link quality=0", but you were not definitive about
the
> > wireless key to be the wrong one. You say something like "usually
means",
> > so, I decided to try it like that, and it worked.
> >
> > Many thanks, of course. I wish I could take you for a beer. I would
never
> > had done it myself.
> >
> > Cordially,
> >
> > Teilhard.
> Yowsa Well done.
> Yeah that link quality =0 means you either have a really good signal
quality,
> or none at all. I find it more comforting when I see it as anything other
> than zero.
> You are welcome to buy me a pint ,but you are probably quite a long way
away.
> How about you donate a similar value to PJ at www.groklaw.net ?
> PJ is leading the OpenSource fight against the money grabbing bastards at
SCO
> who are trying to steal Linux.
>
> groklaw has become compulsive reading for me. It is open collaboration at
its
> best.

Good idea. I just have the problem of finding where to make a donation to
PJ. I do not even find "PJ" mentioned in the web page. It seems it is all
news and articles. I tried to become a member, but I do not get the password
email, and I do not see an option for re-sending it. I'll keep an eye on
this site.

Teilhard