In my last post, I said that I had got spell checking to work with KWord, but
it wouldn't differentiate between British and American spellings.

I have found a work-around which appears to work.

When starting spell checking and the spell checking box with the alternative
spellings/words first comes up, the "Language" shows that it is set to
"English". Scroll through the list and click on "English (United Kingdom)".
It then checks with just the UK spellings.

Very simple and everyone else probably already knew this :-(

Keith