If you're on desktop and accidentally deleted your kernel from /boot directory is there any way to put one back other than reinstall everything from the beginning.

Can you rebuild a replacement while on desktop ?
Can I run CD1 install disc and get it to rebuild and install a new kernel only ?
That is without installing or altering anything else, the "upgrade route" ?
In any case it won't have nvida driver will it ?

I think I still have a boot floppy, but never tried it, sometimes they don't work.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]