On Tuesday 09 December 2003 22:31, Janus Sandsgaard wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am buying a new PC with a "ASUS P4P800-VM" motherboard (a "all-in-one"
> with i865G chip set). In the section "Recommended hardware" for 9.2
> Mandrake writes that the i865G chip set works when it comes to graphics.
>
>       <http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/9.2/features/#14>
>
> Great! But what about the rest of the features of the motherboard? Will
> everything work 100%? USB, disk controllers etc? One things is if it will
> work with Mandrake. Another thing is if perform _well_ with Linux (and bad
> support doesn't slow down read/write access to disk, ram etc). I am ready
> to install seperate cards for lan and audio, but will I then have a good
> solution?
>
> Janus

Maybe others will disagree but:

These "all in one solutions" are usually bad_buys. They're expensive to
upgrade (you'll want to, in time) and you can't even take the old components
out to reuse them in some other box.
Buy something better or build your own if you're short on cash.

Good luck,
HarM

--
Registered Linux User #197998