There are no junk controls set.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the mozilla companents from the
CD's since this problem occured.

I have just managed to use my parents Windows machine to read my email
via webmail.

After reading it, I decided to download the odd 4x messages I had
selected to keep. I started kpp, logged on using my fresh install of
Mozilla mail and waited to see the messages appear.

Alas all I saw was the number received going up but no messages
appearing in te Inbox or the subfolders.

So now it brings me to a total of 190 unseen messages that I have been
unable to read because a 'stable' release of Mozilla Mail supplied on
the installation CD's doesn't work like it should!!! Considering I am
expecting at least 5 VERY important messages regarding my pending
employment, this shit doesn't go down well!

I ask the question again, Where ie which folder etc/ether are my UNREAD
messages that I have downloaded over the last 2 days? Can they be
recovered so that I can read them or should I just give up on something I have supported for over a year, linux, and move onto a more 'stable' and user friendly system like Windows. Where can I find information on what happened to the downloaded messages?

sorry for the rant but i am REALLY pissed off with linux/s right now. I
am unemployed and really need the work one of those emails could have
been about. I cannot afford to have my machine looked at by an 'expert'
linux fundi coz I can't afford it, period.

Your help is appreciated and I'll try to get the 9.2 release tomorrow
hoping it will fix the mail error. Somehow though I don't think so as
not even an uninstall and reinstall of the current version helped.

Hylton Conacher - Licenced ex-Windows user
Registered Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Using Linux Mandrake 9.1 with KDE 3.1