M Thompson wrote:
I don't have a SoundBlater Live soundcard, but I have seen many recommend
this URL for intructions on setting up your SoundBlaster Live soundcard
(personally, I own a SoundBlaster AWE 32).  Check it out:

When I first installed Linux I had a "Diamond Sonic Impact" sound card. It did not work and I was unable to locate a driver that would work with Linux.  I even E-mailed Diamond.  They said  NO!  I was advised to try a "Soundblaster 16" It was emediately recognized, and it works great. Not expensive either.
Stan