Title: RE: [newbie] Allow users to mount/umount the floppy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 10:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Allow users to mount/umount the floppy

When I disable "supermount" the floppy icon on KDE disappear. I really need
a way to the non-root user umount the floppy.

Roberto

> >     When I try to umount a floppy using non root user, the system says
that
> > only the root can umount the floppy but, I mounted the floppy using the
non
> > root user. How  can I set up my Linux Mandrake 9.1 to allow the non root
> > users to umount the floppy ?
> >
> >            Thanks,
> >
> >             Robert
>
> If you haven't disabled "supermount" you won't be able to umount it as a
user
> whereas mounting it isn't necessary, actually.

when you disable supermount then just create a new icon on the desktop and it will mount and unmount the floppy drive for you. When you put a disk in and click on the icon it should mount then show the disk , when you are done you can left click on the icon and unmount it or when you close the floppy screen it should unmount the floppy drive. Works for cdroms should for floppy. HTH Dennis M.