Can someone tell me the obvious mistake I am making !

I have L-M 6.1 Helios

I have setup printers on RH and L-M before, However the properly
connected printer, used before the 6.1 upgrade is not being detected
when I attempt to "add printer" in printtool?

The conf.modules has the line I understand is needed these days:?
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

Is it now necessary to put something in lilo.conf as well?

I don't mind being called a "duffless-newbie" even after wrestling with
LInux since 1994.
Often the obvious elludes me and the HOWTO's Man's FAQ's all merge
together into information overload. Generally about the time I start
getting a few basics a new upgrade comes along and I have to learn
something new. Thats okay with me but
"after" the problems get solved!
Thanks.

William Bouterse